Super fun, we love it too! But full disclosure - Clear Creek is not a “lazy river” float! The whitewater playpark which is the area of the creek between Lyons Park, near the Clear Creek RV Park, and Vanover Park just off Ford Street, was designed for Class II / III whitewater kayaking. It is a naturally flowing creek with objects and hazards which can change without warning. There is an inherent risk to any whitewater sport, including tubing. You will get wet, you may fall off, and you may take a swim or two.
GRS's tubes are only to be used exclusively on Clear Creek in the Whitewater Play Park in Golden (East of Rt. 6 bridge and West of Vanover Park).
Hint: leave your cell phones and valuables at home! If you have any hesitations, we recommend you first walk the pedestrian path, which parallels the creek, so you can decide for yourself before tubing.
PFD’s (life jackets) and helmets highly recommended. PFD's are included with all tube rentals.
Rip Boarding is a boardsport in which the participant lies horizontal on their board with fins on their feet for propulsion and steering. The sport includes commercial, recreational, and the swiftwater rescue practices of using a high-flotation riverboard, designed for buoyancy in highly aerated water. Rip Boarding is a very popular way to "surf" in the river - think boogie boarding. We require all rip-board participants to wear a life jacket - life jackets are included in the rental cost. Again, if you have any hesitations, we recommend you first walk the pedestrian path, which parallels the creek, so you can decide for yourself before rip boarding.
GRS will *NOT* rent to ANY customers when the Clear Creek is over 700 CFS
Tubing and Rip-Boarding Policies
1) Photo ID required
2) All tubes are on a first-come-first-serve basis - no reservations
3) You must sign a contract liability release waivers at store before renting that states you understand the risks (if participant is under the age of 18 a parent or legal guardian must sign - NO EXCEPTIONS)
4) Water Levels:
A) GRS will NOT rent to ANY customer if the level of Clear Creek if over 700 cubic feet per second (CFS) - no exceptions
B) GRS will NOT rent equipment to any participants under the age of 18, regardless of adult accompaniment, when Clear Creek is over 500 CFS - no exceptions
C) Occasionally the City of Golden will close Clear Creek to all tubers completely due to extreme water levels, normally 800 CFS or higher. For safety reasons, this means no single chamber flotation devices are allowed on the creek at all (a.k.a. - tubes). We have absolutely no control over this and ask you to please understand that.
5) PFD’s are not required but are STRONGLY recommended at any water level and are included in our rental package pricing
6) Helmets are not required, but can be rented from GRS at an additional cost of $10.00/day
7) You must provide your own transportation for yourself and your rentals. Tie-down materials are highly recommended (i.e. vehicle roof straps, bungy cords, or rope). GRS is not responsible for any damage during transportation, including to our equipment and your own.
8) No vehicles may be left at GRS while you are enjoying Clear Creek
9) If you damage, destroy, or lose any equipment to the point where it is no longer usable, regardless of intent, you will be charged the full retail value of the equipment
10) If you damage, destroy, or lose any equipment to the point where its re-sale value goes down, regardless of intent, you will be charged the difference of the re-sale value
11) ALL RENTALS MUST BE RETURNED BY THE CLOSE OF BUSINESS THAT DAY - A LATE FEE WILL BE APPLIED IF NOT RETURNED ON TIME
12) Unfortunately there are no discounts of any kind for any party - please do not ask
13) GRS's tubes are only to be used exclusively on Clear Creek in the Whitewater Play Park in Golden (East of Rt. 6 bridge and West of Vanover Park)