NOTE: GRS will be renting tubes for the 2018 Season starting on Sat, June 2 - YAY!
Super fun, we love it too! But full disclosure - Clear Creek is not a “lazy river” float! The whitewater playpark which is the area of the creek between Lyons Park, near the Clear Creek RV Park, and Vanover Park just off Ford Street, was designed for Class II / III whitewater kayaking. It is a naturally flowing creek with objects and hazards which can change without warning. There is an inherent risk to any whitewater sport, including tubing. You may fall off, you will get wet and you may take a swim or two.
Leave your cell phones and valuables at home! Put your car keys in a safe place. If you have any hesitations, we recommend you first walk the pedestrian path, which parallels the creek, so you can decide for yourself if Clear Creek is safely within your ability range and comfort zone before embarking on your adventure.
GRS's tubes are only to be used exclusively on Clear Creek in the Whitewater Play Park in Golden (East of Rt. 6 bridge and West of Vanover Park).
PFD’s (life jackets) and helmets highly recommended and are included with all tube rentals.
Please see the section below for a list of ALL our rental requirements, policies and procedures including transportation, parking, and damage charges, as well as time and location limits.
Rip Boarding is a boardsport in which the participant lies horizontal on their board with fins on their feet for propulsion and steering. The sport includes commercial, recreational, and the swiftwater rescue practices of using a high-flotation riverboard, designed for buoyancy in highly aerated water. Rip Boarding is a very popular way to "surf" in the river - think boogie boarding. We require all rip-board participants to wear a PFD life jacket and are included in the rental cost. Again, if you have any hesitations, we recommend you first walk the pedestrian path, which parallels the creek, so you can decide for yourself before rip boarding.
Water Level Closures
Occasionally the City of Golden will close Clear Creek to all tubers completely due to extreme water levels, water temperatures, and hazards. For safety reasons, this means no single chamber flotation devices are allowed on the creek at all (a.k.a. - tubes). Golden River Sports has absolutely no control over this and asks for your understanding and patience. GRS will NOT rent to ANY customer if the level of Clear Creek if over 700 cubic feet per second (CFS). GRS will NOT rent equipment to any participants under the age of 18, regardless of adult accompaniment, when Clear Creek is over 500 CFS.
Again, we thank you for your understanding and patience.
Tubing and Rip-Boarding Policies
1) Photo ID required
2) All tubes are on a first-come-first-serve basis. Sorry, we do not accept reservations and there are no group discounts.
3) You must sign a contract liability release waivers at store before renting that states you understand the risks. If participant is under the age of 18 a parent or legal guardian must sign. NO EXCEPTIONS.
4) PFD life jackets are not required but are STRONGLY recommended at any water level and are included in our rental package pricing at NO EXTRA CHARGE.
5) Helmets are not required, but are also strongly recommended. Helmets are also included in our rental package pricing at NO EXTRA CHARGE. We have plenty for kids, but adult helmet supplies may be limited to 100 customers on a rotating basis based on daily in-stock inventory.
6) You must provide your own transportation for yourself and your rentals. Tie-down materials are highly recommended (i.e. vehicle roof straps, bungy cords, or rope). GRS does not supply tie down materials free of charge and is not responsible for any damage during transportation to our equipment nor your own.
7) There is no parking at GRS while you are enjoying Clear Creek due to our limited space. We recommend Lions Park on 10th Street at the beginning of the tubing corridor or Vanover Park off Ford Street at the end of the corridor. See map above.
8) If you damage, destroy, or lose any equipment you may be charged the full retail value of each piece of equipment.
9) ALL RENTALS MUST BE RETURNED BY THE CLOSE OF BUSINESS – AN ADDITIONAL DAILY LATE FEE WILL BE APPLIED IF NOT RETURNED ON TIME AND EACH DAY AFTER THAT. NO EXCEPTIONS. GRS CLOSES AT 6PM MON – SAT AND 5PM ON SUNDAYS.
10) Tubes are to be used exclusively on Golden’s Clear Creek Whitewater Play Park (East of Rt. 6 bridge and West of Vanover Park). See map above.
Rental Rates & Dates